Are you trying to find a Covered California agent in Fullerton that can help you and your family get the coverage that you need? Skyline Benefit is ready to help you in time to get 2020 health insurance. Open Enrollment is currently underway, and you can get signed up for one of the several tiers of available Covered California coverage between now and January 31st, 2020.
Open Enrollment for 2020
During the Open Enrollment Period, you have several options:
- Choose a plan through Covered California. This choice is especially prudent if you qualify for a tax credit that can help offset your premiums, as 80% of Covered California recipients do. Qualifying for these credits generally depends on income as well as the size of your household. If your total household income is between 128% and 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL), you can get coverage.
- Renew or alter your plan. If you already have Covered California, you can renew your policy. You can also make adjustments to it as needed. For example, if your primary care provider is leaving your network, or your drugs or not listed under your covered medications, we can help you switch to a plan that covers the things that you prioritize in your healthcare.
- Get Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal is simply the name of the Medicaid Program for California residents, which you qualify for if your income is below 128% of the FPL.
After Open Enrollment
You can still get coverage after Open Enrollment during the Special Enrollment Period. With certain qualifying life events, you can get coverage outside of the Open Enrollment. However, if you lost your previous healthcare because you failed to pay premiums or you voluntarily canceled, you may not qualify for Special Enrollment in Covered California. Qualifying circumstances include:
- Moving to California from another state
- Marriage, divorce, or becoming a widowed spouse
- Losing your job
- Aging out of your family’s health insurance plan
- Recently having a baby or preparing to have a baby
Whatever the circumstance, if you need a Covered California agent in Fullerton that can get you the coverage that you’ve been looking for, Skyline Benefit is only a phone call away from working with you to get you the coverage that you need. For more information about our insurance services, call us at (714) 888-5116 today.